Wednesday 30 December 2015

Best and Worst of 2015 Life [Part 1]

Today and tomorrow, I'll be writing about how 2015 has been for me (it's honestly been quite shit - just hope 2016 is better, which I doubt with exams and not being able to see half of my friends anymore because of college). Anyway, I'm writing the first part today - which is a k-drama exclusive - and the second part tomorrow - which is about my own personal life. So here's the best and worst of the 2015 K-Drama Life.

The 2015 Dramas I've Watched:
Watched | Currently Watching | Dropped/On-Hold

Blood | Cheer Up! | Heart to Heart | High Society | Hyde, Jekyll, Me | I Remember You | Kill Me, Heal Me | Mask | Mrs. Cop | Oh My Ghost | Oh My Venus | Orange Marmalade | Producer | Remember | She Was Pretty | Splash Splash Love | The Girl Who Sees Smells | The Time We Were Not in Love | The Village: Achiara's Secret | Twenty Again | Warm and Cozy | Who Are You: School 2015 | Yong Pal

Overrated Dramas:
High Society (6.5/10)
This drama was well loved simply because Uee, Sung Joon and Park Hyung Sik had joined together to collab in this. However, there was not much to love from High Society. Uee's acting dropped throughout the majority of the drama and Sung Joon has not had a good year with acting and dramas choices. I just hope his performance improves for his upcoming 2016 drama or he is on my blacklist of actors. Hyung Sik was amazing per usual though, and him with Im Ji Yeon basically saved High Society from crashing and burning.

Yong Pal (7/10)
Again, everyone was looking forward to Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee joining together since they are both supposed brilliant actors. However, Tae Hee honestly failed to impress. Her acting was extremely awful and she almost made it on to my blacklist if Joo Won wasn't there to pick her back up. Also, the story got extremely draggy at times. But despite those, it could have gone much worse.

Underrated Dramas:
Mask (10/10)
Why hasn't more people watched this drama? It's absolutely amazing. It's hard to put into words why I love this drama so much. Not only was the acting on spot, the story was addicting (it's hard to not want more), the music was beautiful and the tension is real. Please, if you haven't already seen Mask, watch it as soon as possible.

Warm and Cozy (9/10)
Lots of people thought that this drama was extremely slow-paced, annoying and not worth the actors that were used. But I disagree. The pace of the drama was actually great because it didn't rush the romance and made it realistic. Kang So Ra and Yoo Yeon Seok's acting was so sweet and adorable. I wish this was loved by more.

My Favourite Dramas of 2015:
Mask | Cheer Up! | Splash Splash Love | Kill Me, Heal Me | Oh My Ghost | Who Are You: School 2015

Favourite Drama Couples:
Kim Yeol and Kang Yeon Doo (Cheer Up!), Yoo Chang Soo and Lee Ji Yi (High Society), Choi Min Woo and Byun Ji Sook (Mask), Kang Sun Woo and Na Bong Sun (Oh My Ghost), Kim Young Ho and Kang Joo Eun (Oh My Venus), Choi Moo Gak and Oh Cho Rim (The Girl Who Sees Smells).

Standout Actors/Actresses:
Ji Soo (Cheer Up!), Jung Eun Ji (Cheer Up!), Kim Seul Gi (Oh My Ghost, Splash Splash Love), Lee Won Gun (Cheer Up!), Park Bo Young (Oh My Ghost), Yook Sungjae (Who Are You: School 2015), Yoon Doo Joon (Splash Splash Love).

Conclusion:
There were a lot of pleasant, underappreciated surprises to 2015. Although I dropped a few of the dramas out of disinterest, I also managed to watch a few older dramas that I’ve come to love (e.g. Secret Garden, Coffee Prince) and found a few small gems that have made this year worth it drama-wise. I will, however, reiterate for what may be the 1000th time this year… it’s about time that we embrace ‘normal’ dramas without ‘special’ characters that have really disappeared from dramaland in recent years. 2015 has been a decent year, but 2016 already promises to be an interesting one. Let’s hope for a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment