Sunday 17 May 2015

2nd Completed Movie: The Con Artists

The Con Artists
Synonyms: The Technicians; The Professionals
Country: South Korea
Release Date: Dec. 24, 2014
Duration: 1 hr. 56 mins.
Genres: Action, Crime, Thriller
Viewers Rating: 8.4/10
My Rating: 9.5/10

Synopsis: Ji Hyuk is an elite safe-cracker and counterfeiter. He works with Koo In who introduces him to elite hacker Jong Bae. There's rumours that Jong Bae has betrayed other partners in his past. Nevertheless, the trio decide to work together to steal valuable diamonds held within a secret vault at a high-end jewelry store. The jewelry store is owned by President Cho. Meanwhile, President Cho is in search of an elite safe-cracker to help him steal millions of dollars within a Korean customs area in Icheon, South Korea.

Cast: Kim Woo Bin - Lee Ji Hyuk
Go Chang Seok - Koo In
Lee Hyun Woo - Jong Bae
Jo Yoon Hee - Oh Eun Ha

Review
Contains a lot of spoilers!

First Impressions:
As I do with a lot of dramas and movies, I generally only start watching something if they either have a good story line or have actors I'm familiar with in them. The Con Artists had both. I'm familiar with Go Chang Seok as he played a role in Kill Me, Heal Me, and Kim Woo Bin is very popular so I thought this would be a good way to start watching his works. And of course, the summary of the movie is also excellent.

Story: 8.5/10
Although the story of the movie is exciting and a good watch, it's nothing new. I've seen movies previously with similar story lines, and have all been a good watch. However, what made The Con Artists so good was that it didn't have a single boring moment. Every scene had a reason behind it, and if any of it was cut out, some parts of the story would have been left unexplained. If you need a good action movie to watch, this movie is just perfect for you!

Acting/Cast: 10/10
When it comes to actors, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Kim Woo Bin isn't just popular for his good looks and stunning personality, he is, of course, a brilliant actor as well. His perception of Ji Hyuk was awesome, and his scenes in particular were my favourite. As for every other actor (Go Chang Seok, Lee Hyun Woo, Jo Yoon Hee, etc), their scenes were greatly acted out and I couldn't find a single flaw.

Music: 9.0/10
As I am writing this review, it's only been about an hour since I watched the movie. I know that in the movie, the soundtrack was superb, however, I don't really remember any of the tracks. The music is great, but none of the tracks are particularly memorable.

Re-watch Value: 10/10
There is no way I would pass up a chance to watch this again. It's been a great film to watch, and I would so gladly go watch it again right now.

Final Verdict: 9.5/10
Overall, besides the soundtrack not being all that memorable and the story line not being very original, it's a splendid movie to watch, and I can guarantee that any fangirls who love heartthrob actors will enjoy this very much as Kim Woo Bin takes your heart away in a mere few seconds.

Ji Hyuk, Jong Bae + Koo In.
+ Kim Woo Bin (Ji Hyuk)
+ Brilliant watch
+ Awesome acting
+ Great music
- Not memorable music

No comments:

Post a Comment