Monday 6 April 2015

1st Completed Movie: Just Friends?

Just Friends?
Country: South Korea
Release Date: Dec. 17, 2009
Duration: 30 mins.
Genres: Romance, R-15
Viewers Rating: 7.4/10
My Rating: 5.0/10

Synopsis: Min Soo is on leave from the military and visits his boyfriend Seok Yi. While having fun out on the town, they run into Min Soo's mother. When Min Soo's mother asks about their relationship, Min Soo replies "...Just friends." Making things more complicated, Min Soo's mother ends up sleeping between them that night.

Cast: Yun Woo Jin - Min Soo
Lee Je Hoon - Seok Yi

Review
Contains a lot of spoilers!

Final Verdict: Since this was a really short movie, I'm not going to do a full-blown review because there isn't much to say. Anyway, here's my comment on the drama's page that sums up the verdict.

8 Minutes Ago: "For only a 30 minute film, it was quite good for my first Korean movie. I'm not going to be able to say all that much since there wasn't much to say, but when Min Soo's mother walked in on the two of them being intimate together, I slightly wished that her reaction was better, and that she said something before she left. Anyway, the only really enjoyable moment was the ending when they were running together and stopped to kiss. Everything else felt slightly forced, but if I ignored that, I did enjoy the movie."

Final Rating: 5.0/10
Seok Yi + Min Soo
+ Ending
- Poor acting
- Felt forced
- Too short

No comments:

Post a Comment