Friday 27 February 2015

New Drama: Heard It Through the Grapevine

A new drama came out last week that I've been keeping my eye out on. 4 episodes have come out and been subbed, but I don't plan on starting it till I have finished Secret Garden - only 4 episodes left to go! From trailers and previews to my Tumblr followers to Viki, Heard It Through the Grapevine has certainly caught my eye.


Heard It Through the Grapevine
Episodes: 32
Country: South Korea
Airs: Feb. 23, 2015 - Jun. 9, 2015
Network: SBS
Duration: 1 hr. 15 mins.
Genres: Comedy, Family, Melodrama, Romance
Viewers Rating: 7.9/10

Synopsis: Han Jeong Ho and Choi Yeon Hee are a wealthy couple from a prestigious family. Their reputation is suddenly turned upside down because their teenage son, Han In Sang, impregnates his girlfriend from an ordinary family, Seo Bom. Bom is determined to endure being isolated from her own family and humiliation from her in-laws for the sake of her child's future, while In Sang struggles between his love for Bom and his family's high expectations.

Cast: Yoo Joon Sang - Han Jeong Ho
Yoo Ho Jeong - Choi Yeon Hee
Go Ah Sung - Seo Bom
Lee Joon - Han In Sang

Expectations: When I first read the synopsis, I was quite taken aback that Korea decided to make a drama like this. Not only will it involve a lot of discrimination, hateful comments and prejudice, it's talking about a teenage pregnancy. Teenage pregnancies are becoming more common these days because of unprotected sex and rape, so having a drama with a similar situation can help those who have encountered such problems before. And it will also help advise those who haven't been in such a situation. So basically, I am looking forward to starting this drama and I'm hoping for a lot.

From Left to Right: Yeon Hee, Jeong Ho, Bom + In Sang

No comments:

Post a Comment